Friday, October 1, 2010

Rant!

Veganism has been on my mind today, well more then normal anyways.  When people ask me why I'm vegan it takes a lot for me not to launch into some absurdly passionate speech about animals. Every time some one asks (which is often)  they seem shocked like it is not possible to survive without meat or dairy. It must seem impossible if you know nothing about it but it's really not that hard, in fact it is easy for me and I am much healthier for it. It's frustrating when people don't accept my eating choices despite the fact that I say nothing about there flesh sandwiches. lol Ok that's a little bitter but I never do say anything to them about there eating choices, yet they debate me over mine and it never seems to end. I was a meat eater for about 19 years in total so it's not like I've never ate it myself but when I started to think about where are meat comes from and what it really means to these animals I knew I had to stop eating it. I could not call myself a animal lover when on one hand I snuggled dogs but on the other had I ate cows, pigs etc. I think there lives matter just as much and even though I can't stop the horrific deaths of millions of animals a year in slaughter houses I can stand by my own morals and do my best not to participate in it. When people want to know why this is pretty much (minus the horrific deaths, gory details part) what I tell them and they start to argue with me and get defense. For crimeny sakes I was stating my opinion not what I think they should be thinking! Maybe they think I am attacking there life style by not living like them, I really don't know. Even though I no longer ever plan to eat meat intentionally again and indeed I have very strong feelings about it, I am not and will not tell other people there, wrong, bad, stupid or evil because they do not agree with me. I really wish people would simply give me the same back. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment