Friday, November 19, 2010
Religon
Faith is very important to me but telling people I am religious is not easy. The word alone conjures up unpleasant images of over sensitive and intolerant people. I hate feeling that way about my own faith as a whole but there is a reason why I don't go to church. Being Christian means (to me) believing in God and Jesus and what they have done for us. Basically living in love like Jesus as God wants us to. Such a simple request gone terribly wrong. I get more heat for my lifestyle by other Christians more then anyone else. They tell me eating meat is God's will because he put the animals on earth here for us. Well perhaps I think God would want me to respect and appreciate the strong and beautiful creatures he put on earth instead. Maybe I don't think all creatures "below" me and the earth as a whole is something to squeeze dry because it was given to us but instead respect it as best I can because indeed God made it so I should at least try to treat it right well it lasts. Since we believe God made the earth we should be the first people willing and wanting to protect and care for it. I shrug my shoulders to those who disagree, they can think what they want but it makes simple sense to me. Just like being over judgemental about peoples sexual preferences, faith, language, and overall life style seems to make no sense at all. Granted we all judge sometimes but it is so prevalent in Christianity. The whole point of the faith is to be loving, forgiving, and accepting as God has done for us despite are flaws. I'm not perfect and whose to say I have the right to constantly judge others when God has done me the favour of forgiving all my wrongs despite actually being perfect and having the right to judge me. If you judge a person for one thing you think is wrong be assured you can find just as much wrong with yourself. When I try to explain my views on faith to people it seems to be crazy like I'm not religious at all especially to other Christians. I could go on about this forever and it would be terribly boring so I will try to wrap it up. I feel sure that it is God's will for me to find a way to love and forgive and accept others the way Jesus did. I figure that is God's will for all of us in the long and short of it, however that is meant to show it's self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment